Nashville Sports: UFC Is Back In Nashville This August With Sandhagen vs Undefeated Nurmagomedov
Bantamweight Bout Comes To Bridgestone Along With Full Lineup Of Fights
UFC® returns to Nashville with an intriguing bantamweight contenders’ bout that will see No. 4 ranked Cory Sandhagen take on undefeated No. 11 Umar Nurmagomedov. Also, former strawweight champion and No. 5 ranked contender Jessica Andrade plans to take out unbeaten No. 10 Tatiana Suarez.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: SANDHAGEN vs. NURMAGOMEDOV will take place at Bridgestone Arena on Saturday, Aug. 5. The main card airing on ESPN, ESPN Deportes & ESPN+ (English and Spanish) starting at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT. The prelims will be available on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ beginning at 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: SANDHAGEN vs. NURMAGOMEDOV tickets are set to go on sale to the public on Friday, June 23 at 10 a.m. CT and will be available through ticketmaster.com.Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, June 21 at 10 a.m. CT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, June 22 starting at 10 a.m. CT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Sandhagen (16-4, fighting out of Aurora, Colo.) plans to keep his momentum going by securing his third consecutive victory. A dynamic striker, he has secured highlight-reel KO wins over Frankie Edgar, Marlon Moraes and Iuri Alcantara. Sandhagen now intends to defend his spot in the rankings by handing Nurmagomedov his first professional loss.
Nurmagomedov (16-0, fighting out of Kizilyurt, Russia) looks to steal the show in his first UFC main event opportunity. A decorated Sambo fighter, he has secured memorable finishes against Raoni Barcelos, Brian Kelleher and Sergey Morozov. Nurmagomedov now has his sights set on cracking the bantamweight Top 5 with a statement performance.
Andrade (24-11, fighting out of Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) vies to make another run towards UFC gold by stopping Suarez in emphatic fashion. A powerful striker and grappler, Andrade holds notable finishes over Rose Namajunas, Amanda Lemos and Karolina Kowalkiewicz. Andrade now plans to become the first fighter to defeat Suarez and remind the world she’s among the strawweight elite.
Suarez (10-0, fighting out of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) returns to the strawweight division following a dominant flyweight win against Montana De La Rosa in February. A decorated grappler, she has also delivered spectacular victories over Nina Nunes, Carla Esparza and Alexa Grasso. Suarez now looks to continue her ascent up the 115-pound ladder by stopping Andrade in impressive fashion.
Other bouts on the card include:
- Tanner Boser (20-10-1, fighting out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) locks horns with Aleksa Camur (6-2, fighting out of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina) at light heavyweight
- Ignacio Bahamondes (14-4, fighting out of Chicago, Ill. by way of Santiago, Chile) squares off with Ludovit Klein (19-4-1, fighting out of Nove Zamky, Slovakia) at lightweight
- No. 15 ranked light heavyweight contender Dustin Jacoby (18-7-1, fighting out of Englewood, Colo.) squares off with rising Kennedy Nzechukwu (12-3, fighting out of Dallas, Texas)
- Exciting featherweights collide when Billy Quarantillo (17-5, fighting out of Tampa, Fla.) meets Damon Jackson (22-5-1 1NC, fighting out of Dallas, Texas)
- Tennessee’s own Ovince Saint Preux (26-17, fighting out of Knoxville, Tenn.) plans to steal the show against hard-hitting Ion Cutelaba (17-9-1 1NC, fighting out of Chisinau, Republic of Moldova) at light heavyweight
- No. 12 ranked flyweight contender Tagir Ulanbekov (14-2, fighting out of Makhachkala, Russia) squares off with surging Jake Hadley (10-1, fighting out of Oldbury, Sandwell, England)
- Said Nurmagomedov (17-3, fighting out of Dagestan, Russia) faces Kyler Phillips (10-2, fighting out of Glendale, Ariz.) in an intriguing bantamweight tilt
- Ode’ Osbourne (12-5 1NC, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Milwaukee, Wisc.) looks to spoil the UFC debut of Assu Almabayev (17-2, fighting out of Almaty, Kazakhstan) in a flyweight bout
- Jeremiah Wells (12-2-1, fighting out of Philadelphia, Penn.) meets Carlston Harris (18-5, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil by way of Skeldon, Guyana) in a clash of welterweight prospects
- Sean Woodson (9-1-1, fighting out of St. Louis, Mo.) battles Steve Garcia (14-5, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) at featherweight
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 700 million fans and 233 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to over 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s active fighter roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global sports and entertainment company Endeavor and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at //Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.